Class Title: Program Manager II
Department: Probation Department
Executive Board Service: Since 2005
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (408) 201-7693
I have proudly served as your CEMA President since 2018 and have served on the CEMA Executive Board since 2000. I am honored to continue my tenure as President through 2023.
I am #CEMAProud. I am most proud that today CEMA is strong and thriving despite the various challenges that almost dismantled our union several years ago. Under my leadership we have accomplished:
- An infrastructure to ensure the Union can face and endure all challenges.
- Expanded our membership nearly 15%.
- Secured a third business representative to better meet our member needs.
- Revised and approved our bylaws (something that could not be accomplished since 2005).
- Built an amazing negotiations team and secured an excellent contract for 2020 – 2025.
- Expanded our union reach elected to serve:
- On the South Bay Labor Council as Sergeant-of-Arms
- Appointed to the San Benito County Democratic Central Committee, and
- Continue to serve on the Democratic Activist Women Now (DAWN) Executive Board
My background and work as a Program Manager II for the Probation Department has provided extensive experience in solving issues that impact our workforce. I know it is essential to build relationships and collaborative partners to move our work forward.
My union experience has given me a better, deeper understanding of the complex issues throughout the County of Santa Clara and Superior Court; and serving as President is a privilege I take seriously. My various roles negotiating competing needs while weaving together diverse constituencies to ensure fair and equitable solutions to labor issues are due to my learnings with CEMA.
I want to continue my work to uplift CEMA and the essential roles we play in the success of our County and in service to our residents. We are in a global pandemic and the impact locally is devastating. As we reimagine how the County works and begin recovery, I will fight to keep CEMA values and our members at the decision-making tables and champion the needs of CEMA membership.
I am deeply invested in our community and have proudly worked with the County since 1995. I am a mother of two children who survives in Silicon Valley because of my union job. I am #CEMAProud and I appreciate membership input and involvement as CEMA grows even stronger.
Do you like this page?