Email [email protected] or call/text 408.621.5618
Zeb is an innovative problem solver, negotiator, and team builder. He has been recognized by employers and unions for creating tight-knit, powerful teams, and crafting elegant solutions to complex issues. Zeb comes to CEMA having been a labor organizer in Santa Clara County with SEIU 521, with management experience at Stanford University negotiating departmental agreements. During his tenure, Zeb saved more than 40 jobs from layoffs and was honored as the Organizer of the Year. Additionally, Zeb has a deep commitment to improving systems – making them as user-friendly, transparent, and accessible as possible.
His non-labor background includes transforming a division at Stanford University from a pen and paper operation to a modern, computerized unit. As a former manager at Stanford, Zeb brings a supervisory, client-oriented, and financial perspective to union advocacy that incorporates management concerns, which many of our CEMA members are.
Other areas of professional competence include:
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution: Successfully bargained a $10M annual labor contract while resolving employer and union concerns.
- Management Skills: Led over 20 teams of professionals exceeding long-term budgetary and performance goals.
- Training and Team Cohesion: Created standard business practices, quantifiably increasing sales and customer satisfaction with decreased training time.
- Financial Expertise: Accurately forecasted inventory and labor needs; generated and reconciled payroll and purchase orders.
Zeb is an alumnus of Santa Clara University and Stanford University and passionately participates in social justice events, and lives in East Palo Alto with his family.
Zeb provides union member services to CEMA members in Santa Clara County's:
- Social Services Agency
- Technology Services and Solutions Department
- Santa Clara County Superior Court
Do you like this page?